Phi Theta Kappa Minute Meeting September 16th, 2014
Meeting Time: 3:06 p.m.- 4:21 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (3:06 p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Dates for the upcoming College Project-Club Week- are to be determined by the end of the week.
- There is going to be a Skype meeting with the Regional team, Tuesday, September 16th, at 3:30 in CC117.
- Member Recruiting
- Vicky and Richard are offering extra credit to their students for completing a summary that reflects our Honors in Action topic. This will increase our number of summaries to choose from when we write our Hallmarks.
- Another way that it has been decided to get more members is to just talk to people in the classes that you are taking!
- There is also discussion on making a YouTube video that will “promote”/”inform” people about PTK and why they should join!
- Debra will be updating the website with current information and anything fun and exciting!
- Advertisement for Honors in Action Research
- Christy will be doing the advertisement for getting people to help write some summaries!
- College & Career Day – Friday, October 24th
- Students from Rosemount are coming to IHCC to gain more information/benefits of a two year college.
- There will be a PTK table. If you anyone wants to help out, don’t hesitate!
- Skype Meeting with Regional Team at ~3:30 p.m.
- We talked about many different topics/events that will be happening in the near future!
- Going to the Devil’s Lake Conference is up in the air.
- Prepared and straighten out any issues for the Fall Conference coming up. We went over the food, who is going to be presenting and when, and finalized any other lose ends!
- Adjourned (4:21 p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Jackson, Elena, Vicky, Christy, Nestor