Phi Theta Kappa Minutes Meeting October 14th , 2014
Meeting Time: 3:08- 3:55 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (3:08p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Regional Update
- Taking a look at the program for Induction
- The program looked good! The printing is going start soon, any changes done by Friday.
- Other Induction things
- Nicolette is going to make the certificates over break, she will also be reading the bios for the speakers
- Nestor agreed to reading the names of the Inductees
- Danielle is going to be signing the school song as we walk into Induction
- Duties were given out to the officers to be completed before/during induction.
- Thursday is the last day to sign up for registration for this event.
- Five Star Status
- The Chapter went through the layout of each star and crossed off what we have already completed, and planned on completed other things on that list.
- College Project Update
- Jackson emailed Judy and discussed when the next meeting with Tim would be. The two options are October 28th at either 9 or 11 am, or October 30th at 4pm.
- Student Senate was thrilled with the ideas of this college project
- Talked about having 3 “projects”/workshops including, importance of clubs, having a student budget, and preparing for transferring. These workshops would be taking place during club week, and there will also be tabling available.
- October 24th is College and Career Day
- Looking at the Honors in Action Focus
- Discussed what the focus of the Honors in Action Project is going to be, and how we can condense the articles that have been read to meet this focus.
- Adjourned (3:55 p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Jackson, Elena, Vicky, Christy, Nestor, Nicolette