Phi Theta Kappa Minutes Meeting November 25th, 2014
Meeting Time: 3:10 p.m.- 4:12 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (3:10 p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Regional Update
- The Spring Conference is going to be held in Wilmer, MN, February 27th – 28th .
- Christy is going to be giving a presentation at this conference about getting more involved in the community.
- Leadership Event
- Derrik is going to hosting a Leadership Event on December 2nd from 3pm to 4:30pm in CC117.
- A resolution meeting is going to be held on December 9th at 2pm in HH313.
- Review of Projects
- The College Project is going to be happening tomorrow from 10am to 3pm in the Green Room!
- The Honors in Action Project is going to be held on December 2nd and December 4th in the Green Room.
- Some fellowship ideas were tossed around with the chapter. More definite decisions will be announced!
- International Cost Overview
- The Chapter discussed what is going to happen since the budget for the International Conference has been reduced.
- The Chapter had a discussion on who wants to go to this conference and that they will need to write a Letter of Intent.
- The deadline for these Hallmarks is starting to come up.
- The Chapter is going to start working on these write-ups from each of the Projects, and have them completed by January 28th, 2015.
- Vicky expressed writing a letter to the Dry Cleaning Company about the destruction of property and what we want to do about that.
- Membership Fee has changed. The new price increased from $70 to $75.
- The Chapter voted on who they wanted to nominate for the Individual Awards to be written to the International Headquarters.
- Debra was nominated to change her position from Publicity to Fellowship. Mitch seconded this motion.
- Adjourned (4:12)
People Present: Elena, Nicolette, Christy, Debra, Vicky, Nestor, Nicki and Mitch