Phi Theta Kappa Minutes February 9th, 2015 Meeting
Meeting Time: 2:04- 3:13 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (2:04p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Induction is going to be on Tuesday, March 3rd at 5:00 p.m.
- There is going to be a dress rehearsal on Tuesday, February 17th from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The keynote speaker is going to be from the Foundation.
- The Chapter went over the order of the event and assigned roles to officers to help with this event.
- The process of updating the application to reflect how many College level credits a potential member needs has begun! See Nicki or Vicky for more details!
- Student Success Day
- SSD is on Wednesday, February 11th, 2015. PTK will be having two sessions available that day, one in the morning, and one in the later afternoon. These sessions will cover the basics of PTK and ways that getting involved can be of benefit. Feel free to check these sessions out! There will be advisors and PTK officers available to answer any questions!
- Jackson and Christy will be available at the afternoon session and Nicki is going to be available at the 1 p.m. session.
- Regional Conference
- The Regional Conference is coming up. The Chapter is finishing up all of the forms to get a vehicle for this event.
- The members that are attending this event are Elena, Christy, Debra, Nestor, Jackson and Olga.
- Orientation Meetings
- New PTK Membership Orientation meetings will be held on various days at the beginning of this semester. Some days that we have picked out are February 12th and February 17th. See Nicki or Vicky for more details and times. Hope to see you there!
- The Chapter wants to start thinking of ideas for a Fellowship event. If anyone has any ideas, please let us know!
- Adjourned (3:13p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Jackson, Elena, Christy, Vicky, Nicolette, Olga and Nestor