Phi Theta Kappa Minutes February 2nd, 2015 Meeting
Meeting Time: 2:05- 3:02 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (2:05p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Induction is going to be on Tuesday, March 3rd at 5:00 p.m.
- Options for having a dress rehearsal were discussed and more details are to follow on when that will be happening.
- Any ideas for who the keynote speaker is going to be will be greatly appreciated.
- The Chapter is going to formally invite Tim and Christina to this event.
- The Chapter also discussed making some changes to the set-up. The Chapter discussed buying shorter roses, making the cost of this event much less.
- Student Success Day
- SSD is on Wednesday, February 11th, 2015. PTK will be having two sessions available that day, one in the morning, and one in the later afternoon. These sessions will cover the basics of PTK and ways that getting involved can be of benefit. Feel free to check these sessions out! There will be advisors and PTK officers available to answer any questions!
- Regional Conference
- The Regional Conference is going to be held on February 27th and 28th. The Chapter is sending a team of 5 people to this event. We will be sharing information that is obtained from this conference in the future!
- The Chapter discussed what time everyone needs to be at school so we can leave on time and when we will be getting back. See Christy for more details.
- Orientation Meetings
- New PTK Membership Orientation meetings will be held on various days at the beginning of this semester. Some days that we have picked out are February 12th and February 17th. See Nicki or Vicky for more details and times. Hope to see you there!
- New Members
- The Chapter had two new members join in the meeting! Thank you to Olga and William for coming to their first meeting!
- Adjourned (3:02p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Jackson, Elena, Christy, Nicolette, Olga and William