Phi Theta Kappa Minutes Meeting December 9th , 2014
Meeting Time: 3:10- 4:02 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (3:10p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Regional Update
- The Regional Honors in Action Project is coming along just fine!
- Hallmark Awards
- The Chapter voted for Richard to be nominated for the Continued Excellence Award and Nestor was voted to be nominated for the other Distinguished Officer Award. The Hallmark Paragraphs will be completed in the near future.
- Meeting Times
- The Chapter decided to have a meeting over break, to discuss and continue/finish up the Hallmark Awards.
- Options for Meeting Times next semester
- Some ideas were discussed and are still being voted on! If you have a preference, let us know!
- Important for Eligible/New Members
- The Chapter voted and we will be sending out letters to students that are eligible to apply to become a PTK member. We are also going to be holding orientation sessions that new members will go to and get more information about what the chapter has done and what PTK is all about!
- If anyone has an fellowship ideas, please contact Debra and she will gladly accept your ideas!
- Meeting with Tim Wynes
- There will be a meeting with the College President and we will be updating him on all the things the Chapter has been doing.
- International Conference
- The International Conference is Wednesday, April 15th – Sunday, April 19th, 2015. Anyone wanting to attend this conference is encouraged to send a Letter of Intent to the Co-Presidents and Advisors.
- Looking Ahead to Next Semester
- Welcome Week is the second week after we get back from break.
- We will be having new member meetings this upcoming semester! Stay tuned for details!
- Our hope is to visit some local high school and talk to them about our Honors in Action Project that we did.
- Induction is fast approaching! Induction will be held on Tuesday, March 3rd at 5:00 p.m. Mark your calendars!
- Graduation is also right around the corner! Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 14th, starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjourned (4:02p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Jackson, Elena, Vicky, Christy, Nicolette, Debra and Nestor.