Phi Theta Kappa Minute Meeting August 26th, 2014
Meeting Time: 3:09 p.m.- 4:02 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (3:09 p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda and Meeting Minutes –>APPROVED!
- Kick Off went really well! Got many people to up for information.
- HIA and College Project
- Jackson said he could lead the College Project. He brought up splitting up into “teams” like last year. We have made progress on both projects, but more is to follow!
- Scrapbook Update
- The group discussed making a scrapbook, that it would be about half professional, and the other half fun.
- Upcoming Fall Conference
- The group went over the schedule and discussed ideas for this Conference. Nicki suggested us to start checking out food and fellowship options now, so we have time to decide.
- The conference is Friday, October 3rd and Saturday, October 4th. Times and schedule to follow.
- Richard’s Farewell Dinner is on Friday, September 5th, starting at 6 p.m.
- Welcome Week and C4 Banner Placement
- Welcome Week is right around the corner! The group discussed hanging the C4: Commit to Complete Banner up on this week. We also talked about having the Banner available whenever we table in the future.
- Bios and “Family Tree”
- Nicolette brought up the idea of having our pictures/bios about each of the officers somewhere, either on campus or on the website.
- Position Notebooks
- Each officer is asked to put together a position notebook, displaying what the duties of that officer position are. You can see Nicki, Nicolette, or Christy for an example!
- Student Success Day
- SSD is on Tuesday, September 23rd. We will be having two session times, one in the morning and one in the evening! Exact times to follow!
- Looking Forward
- The group discussed some future events, including a Research Conference, doing the Polar Plunge, working with Student Senate, and using Google Docs.
- Adjourned (4:02 p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Nicolette, Jackson, Elena, Vicky, Christy