Did you know that there are more than 1,285 chapters across the world? Phi Theta Kappa was founded in 1918 and chartered on the Inver Hills Community College Campus in 1988. We are proud to be a part of the Alpha Omicron Beta chapter!#PTKfacts #PhiThetaKappa #PhiThetaKappaAwarenessWeek #InverHills
For our College Project this year we are focusing on the promotion of resources we have at Inver Hills Community College. Right now we are working on creating a partnership with a class, the service learning department, and student senate to get more students involved in this process. We hope to come up with a plan of action soon. Please join us at our meeting tomorrow at 2 pm in FA250!
Today is September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance… a time to remember those who died, those who served, and those who carry on. Please join us in remembering.
“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children.” – President George W. Bush
Phi Theta Kappa Meeting September 8th, 2015
Meeting Time: 1:01 p.m. – 1:55 p.m. in CC117
• Call to Order 1:01 p.m.
• Kayla (VP of Publicity) presented about Phi Theta Kappa and its projects and purposes
• Assessment about Honors in Action project was handed out to new members to fill out
• Nicki conducted a game about student resources regarding College Project
• Nestor (President) presented about club involvement, available positions and induction
• Vicky introduced Student Success Day and Regional Southern Conference to new members.
• Adjourned ( 1:55 p.m.)
People Present: Vicky, Nestor, Kayla, Bado, Nicki, 21 students (members and non-members)
Our first meeting was a success! A big thank you to everyone who was able to come. We had a great turnout. Please mark your calendars for our next one, which is scheduled for Tuesday, October 13th at 1 pm. Kayla will be sending out a follow up e-mail about today.
We are looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow for our officer meeting at 3 pm in CC117!
Happy Labor Day from Phi Theta Kappa! We hope you enjoyed your day off from class.
Labor Day became a federal holiday in 1894. To learn more about the history of Labor Day visit: http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/labor-day
Phi Theta Kappa Meeting September 1st, 2015
Meeting Time: 3:17 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. in CC117
• Call to order 3:17 p.m.
• Officer reports were made by President, Secretary and VP of Publicity
• Vicky briefly introduced activities that will be taking place during Regional Southern Conference on October 2nd and 3rd.
• Honors in Action project update was done by Nestor (President) and Kayla (VP of Publicity)
• College Project update was done by members by sharing ideas with each other. Officers decided to work together with Student Senate on this project.
• Adjourned ( 4:15 p.m.)
People Present: Vicky, Nestor, Kayla, Bado, Nicki
Nestor and I want to thank all of you who stopped by our table at Kick-Off! For those of you who wrote down your e-mail wanting more information we sent an e-mail out this weekend. If you did not receive one and would like more information please let us know. Don’t forget to mark your calendars for our first meeting on September 8th at 1 pm in CC117!