Happy New Year from Phi Theta Kappa!! We are wishing you a happy and healthy year. We look forward to seeing you on campus next week.
Another semester down. Your officers will be busy writing Hallmarks over break! If you enjoy writing and would like to help with the proofreading/editing process, please let Kayla know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome any and all help.
-Just a reminder that we have tentatively scheduled another fellowship event for January 10th. We would like to go see the Star Wars movie. For more information please e-mail Zahory at email@example.com.
-Our first officer meeting has been scheduled for January 12th from 1:45-2:45 in FA250.
-Please mark your calendars for our first Members Meeting, which is Tuesday, February 2nd at 1 pm in CC117. This semester Members Meetings will be the first Tuesday of each month.
-If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have cancelled our fellowship event at Brunswick that was scheduled for this Sunday. We have tentatively scheduled a fellowship event for Sunday, January 10th. Please check back for updates once it gets closer to January. If you have any questions please e-mail our Vice President of Fellowship, Zahory, at email@example.com. Thank you!
Check out the Student Spotlight on our Historian, Dominique Dailey. Click the link below to read more about Dominique and why she chose Inver. We are so thrilled that Dominique is a part of our team.
Phi Theta Kappa Meeting November 18th, 2015
Meeting Time: 3:08 p.m. – 4:07 p.m. in CC117
- Call to order (3:08 p.m.)
- Officer reports – this past week officers have been working on Honors in Action project
PSA scripts and filming
- College Project Workshop results
- Planning Fellowship event
- Planning Leadership Training event
- Office clean-up
- Bulletin board in the office
- Advisor Announcements- next semester’s Members Meeting will be on every first Tuesday of the month at 1 p.m. in CC117
- Doodle Poll will be sent out for the officers to set next semester’s Officers Meeting.
- 2 Administrative Hallmarks are due on December 9th and officers will be starting to work on drafts and editing.
- Schedule for office hours will be printed out and posted in the office
- Fellowship event – Bowling at Brunswick got the most votes
- The event will be held on Sunday December 13th at 5 p.m.
- Officers decided to invite PTK members and Student Senate
- Leadership Training – topic will be “Disability Awareness and Understanding Disability”
- Material that contained games and ideas was handed out
- The event will be held on Tuesday December 8th Members Meeting
- Officers will try the activities beforehand on Officers Meeting on December 2nd
- Founders Day – officers will be preparing candies with business cards and tabling at 11 a.m.
- Adjourned ( 4:07 p.m.)
People Present: Buya, Vicky, Nicki, Zahory, Cheryl, Dominique, Mandkhai, Bado, Kayla, Salina
Help us celebrate Founder’s Day! Today, November 19, Phi Theta Kappa celebrates its 97th birthday! For 97 years we have focused our energy on recognizing and honoring the top students from two-year colleges, developing true servant leaders who are the best of the best at their colleges and in their communities.
Happy Veterans Day from Phi Theta Kappa! Join us today in honoring and remembering all who have selflessly served our country.
Also a reminder that Inver Hills Community College campus is closed today and we do not have an officer meeting.
Click on the link above to see the gallery of photos taken by Chris Hayes.