Meeting Minutes January 30, 2016

Meeting Time: 4:30 PM

  • Call to order (4:38 PM)
  • Anh and Loren planning ahead to work together on induction in March.
  • New officer assigned to attend student senate meetings (Loren)
  • Members meeting on February 7th.
  • Regional Honors Institute, Feb  23-25. (Thursday 3pm-7pm, Friday 9am-7pm, Saturday 9am-3pm)
  • Discussed who can and cannot attend on which days.

Meeting Adjourned: (5:30 PM)

People Present: Sommer, Zach, Anh, Bel, Loren

Our first member meeting!

Would you like to join Phi Theta Kappa? Learn about scholarships? Or just enjoy some mac and cheese while meeting some of the best students at Inver Hills?

Join us Feb 7th on Student Success Day! Meeting time and location: TBD


Meeting Minutes January 23, 2017

Phi Theta Kappa Meeting January 23 2017

Meeting Time: 4:30 PM

  • Call to order (4:31 PM)
  • Election for new officer positions planned for Tuesday, February 7th. Meet during during meeting time.
  •  No updates on college project.
  •  Hallmark updates given. Due date two days from this meeting on January 25th.
  •  First members meeting is on February 7th. Meeting tIme is 4:00pm
  • Start meeting with Icebreaker
  • Presentation on: Benefits of membership, Officer positions, PTK transfer scholarships.
  • Break into smaller groups
  • End meeting with jeopardy
  • Food for members meeting: Mac and cheese bar and lemonade. Fruit tray (with variety) included.
  • Summer Trips:
  • Catalyst. April 6-8. In Nashville Tennessee.
  • Honors Institute, June 5-10 in Chicago, Illinois.
  •  Officer meetings at 4:30pm on Mondays always.

Meeting Adjourned: (5:35 PM)

People Present: Sommer, Cody, Bel, Zach, Anh, Vicky

Meeting Minutes Dec. 5th, 2016

Phi Theta Kappa Meeting December 5, 2016

Meeting Time: 4:00 PM

  • Call to order (4:10 PM)
  •  Cheryl: Meeting with Tim Wynes about Honors in Action project went well.
  •  Emily: Tim Wynes receptive about College Project plans as well.
  •  Bel: Made PTK advertisements
  • Jenni: PTK poster should be updated
  • Jenni: PTK tabling volunteers needed for kickoff
  • Jenni: PTK tabling volunteers needed for welcome week
  • Hallmark writing update
  • Date established to meet for Hallmark editing and rewriting: Monday, December 19th, 11AM-1PM
  •  Member’s meeting on 12/6: All plans finalized.

Meeting Adjourned: (4:35 PM)

People Present: Emily, Sommer, Zach, Cheryl, Anh, Cody, Bel, Loren, Rayne, Jenni


Meeting Minutes Nov. 14th, 2016

Phi Theta Kappa Meeting November 14, 2016

Meeting Time: 4:00 PM

  • Call to order (4:00 PM)
  • Bel: Made College Project document
  • Bel: Attended more Student Senate meetings
  • Anh: Made Poster for Leadership training event. Planning to send it to other clubs.
  • Jenni: Discussed proper officer behavior for post-election weeks. Encouraged neutrality.
  • Jenni: Ordering more shirts. Also printed posters made by Bel for PTK.
  • Jenni: Ordered food for leadership event.
  • Jenni: Discussed slowed down/potential ceasing of HIA project
  • Reminder: Founders day on Monday, November 21st. Officers to be presented at PTK table.
  • Bel offered to create Founders day informational poster.
  • Cheryl to make a handout for members meeting 12-6-16.
  • Anh to make a handout for members meeting 12-6-16.
  • Bel to make up a document describing officer positions to open up spring 2016 semester.
  • New Officers gave availability to meet about officer role responsibilities.

Adjourned at 4:30 PM

People Present: Zach, Cheryl, Jenni, Sommer, Anh, Bel

Meeting Minutes Oct. 24th, 2016

Phi Theta Kappa Meeting October 24, 2016

Meeting Time: 4:00 PM

  • Call to order (4:02 PM)
  • Bel- Made an Instagram page!
  • Anh- Highway cleanup project planned for Oct 29th at 10:00 AM-12:00 AM. Rain day: Nov 5th.
  • Anh- Planning Leadership event in November. Regional officer to come and present.
  • Jenni- Honors in Action Project update.
  • Talked about meeting space for MSA, Student Addiction Awareness, LGBT
  • Jenni- Proposed one PTK officer attend student senate meetings (Thurs at 2:00 pm)
  • Vicky- discussed Skype call with new Bemidji chapter.
  • Nicki- Hallmark Process discussed in detail
  • Emily, Loren, Bel, Zach (Project focus people)
  • Paint color, Carpet, Lighting, Storage, Furniture, etc.
  • Project purpose: Recruitment, Office hours, Showcase, Promote Events.
  • Adjourned at 5:00 PM

People Present: Emily, Cody, Cheryl, Bel, Loren, Rayne, Vicky, Anh, Zach

Meeting Minutes Oct. 31st, 2016

Phi Theta Kappa Meeting October 31, 2016

Meeting Time: 4:00 PM

• Call to order (4:03 PM)


•Bel continued improving PTK Instagram. Created PTK Facebook page.  


• Bel to meet with Student senate members about the PTK/Student Senate room renovation plan.

• HIA focus people: Cheryl, Cody, Emily, Rayne Anh

• College project focus people: Emily, Loren, Bel, Zach

• Discussed specifics of members meeting to be held Tuesday 11/1.

• HIA focus meeting set for Tuesday, November 8th from 9:00 AM-10AM

• Bel volunteered to attend Student Senate meetings regularly for the foreseeable future.

• Discussed Hallmark process and asked who will write what

Adjourned at 4:40 PM

People Present: Cody, Cheryl, Bel, Rayne, Anh, Zach

Meeting Minutes September 12th, 2016

Started 4:00 pm


Introductions – something unique about each other. Introduced three new members.


Officer Reports – Cheryl has been a busy bee getting a lot done.


Officer Elections – anonymously and consensually agreed on Anh being our VP Leadership, Loren B. being our VP Fellowship, Rayne being our new Treasurer, and Cody being our Historian. We still need a VP Scholarship and Secretary.


Honors In Action – Briefly discussed. Will talk more tomorrow.


Fall Conference – We talked about adding possible speakers, what is going to occur, talked about things we need to order and fixing the schedule. We all also need to make sure we know if we are attending or not by our next meeting on Monday.


Induction – Loren and I are aware we are speaking during the induction. The 11th, 12th, 13th are dates we will be practicing our rehearsal. We should decide on Monday the for sure date. We decided on Loren’s professor being extended the offer of being our faculty speaker. Apparently, the letter update for Nicki is updated. Check into possibly?


Student Sucess Day – Rayne and offered to speak at our student success day.


Ended: 5:06pm