Fall 2015 Induction is TONIGHT. It starts at 5 pm. All inductees must be at the Fine Arts Theater Lobby by 4:30 pm for lineup. Please do not come late. You may risk not being able to participate in induction.
Phi Theta Kappa Meeting October 14th, 2015
Meeting Time: 3:09 p.m. – 4:06 p.m. in CC117
• Call to order 3:06 p.m.
• Officer reports – this past week officer have been working on Honors in Action project,
-preparing for the Induction (ordered cake, decoration, programs etc.)
– Members’ Meeting
• Advisor Announcements – Exhibition in the Art Gallery on November 3rd
• College Project – meeting on Wednesdays at 4.30 p,m.
– Officers and advisors shared ideas about syllabus attachment and website
• Induction – so far we have 44 inductees!!!
• Highway Clean-up – moving the day
– What about November 3rd ?
• Office Hours – volunteers from officers?
• Adjourned ( 4:06 p.m.)
People Present: Vicky, Nestor, Kayla, Bado, Dominique, Buya, Cheryl, Mandkhai, Zahory, Salina, Nicki
Phi Theta Kappa Member Meeting October 13th, 2015
Meeting Time: 1:08 p.m. – 1:59 p.m. in CC117
• Call to order 1:08 p.m.
• Kayla explained briefly about the Honor Society.
• Honors in Action Project update (Cheryl):
– Presented our goal and what we are doing
– Decided to do Public Service Announcement videos
– Will be writing the script of videos on the next meeting on October 21st.
– IHCC decided to hire full-time Disability Services person
• College Project Update (Buya):
– working on “Raising Awareness of Student Resources
– Student Senate and 2 other courses joined the project
– All the members had an open discussion on the topic
• Regional Conference Update (Nestor):
– Members’ who attended the conference shared their opinions with others
• Ways to be Involved (Bado):
– Next member meeting is on November 10th at 1 p.m.
– Members volunteered to help for the Induction
– Highway clean-up and Multi-club Gathering is on October 23rd
• Adjourned ( 1.59 p.m.)
People Present: Vicky, Nestor, Kayla, Bado, Nicki, Dominique, Buya, Cheryl, Zahory, PTK members
TODAY is our October members meeting! We would love to see all of you there. One of our chapter goals is to continue to get members more involved and add members at every meeting.
Today is also the absolute last day to register for Induction… to do so please visit the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/uSo95VfHUO
Don’t forget to save the date for Fall 2015 Induction! The induction ceremony is a very special event. It is a dignified celebration of the academic achievement of new members. If you haven’t registered yet, you still can! Follow this link: http://goo.gl/forms/zTU4pLWn3T
Phi Theta Kappa Meeting October 7th, 2015
Meeting Time: 3:05 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. in CC117
- Call to order 3:05 p.m.
- Introduction- talked about what officers did this weekend
- Officer reports – this past week officer have been working on Honors in Action project,
-uploading photos from Regional Conference to the Google Drive,
-preparing for the next officer meeting,
- Advisor Announcements- Winter Conference will be held on March 4-5th
- International Conference will be held in Washington D.C. on April 6-9th (we are going to be there on the day before on April 5th)
- Don’t forget about the Transfer Scholarship that is open!!!
- 5 Star Chapter Plan- poster will be in the office for everyone to see the checklist
- Regional conference- officers got to know more about PTK, how to become 5 Star
Chapter, time management
- Chapter’s Historian Dominique announced that she is going to run for International VP for election
Let’s support her as a chapter!!!
- Member’s Meeting on Tuesday, October 13th at 1 p.m. – Cheryl is doing HIA project
- Buya is doing College Project Update
- Regional Conference Update
- Any icebreaker ideas?
- Induction- Any volunteer on that day?
- Food is ordered
- Anyone to pick-up cake and flowers?
- Rehearsal is on Tuesday, October 13th at 3 p.m.!!!
- Asana – Buya presented about a Software Asana that is used for team projects
- There is an iPhone app available if you have an iPhone!!!
- Adjourned ( 4:00 p.m.)
People Present: Vicky, Nestor, Kayla, Bado, Dominique, Buya, Cheryl, Mandkhai