Phi Theta Kappa Member Meeting October 13th, 2015
Meeting Time: 1:08 p.m. – 1:59 p.m. in CC117
• Call to order 1:08 p.m.
• Kayla explained briefly about the Honor Society.
• Honors in Action Project update (Cheryl):
– Presented our goal and what we are doing
– Decided to do Public Service Announcement videos
– Will be writing the script of videos on the next meeting on October 21st.
– IHCC decided to hire full-time Disability Services person
• College Project Update (Buya):
– working on “Raising Awareness of Student Resources
– Student Senate and 2 other courses joined the project
– All the members had an open discussion on the topic
• Regional Conference Update (Nestor):
– Members’ who attended the conference shared their opinions with others
• Ways to be Involved (Bado):
– Next member meeting is on November 10th at 1 p.m.
– Members volunteered to help for the Induction
– Highway clean-up and Multi-club Gathering is on October 23rd
• Adjourned ( 1.59 p.m.)
People Present: Vicky, Nestor, Kayla, Bado, Nicki, Dominique, Buya, Cheryl, Zahory, PTK members