Phi Theta Kappa Minute Meeting March 30th, 2015
Meeting Time: 2:03 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (2:03 p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Membership Recruitment
- The chapter decided that doing the graduation picture activity would be a great opportunity for new students to learn about PTK and join!
- The chapter discussed in great detail some ideas to increase membership for next semester. Some of those ideas included:
- Going to classes and speak for 5 minutes on PTK.
- Making a Youtube Video on what PTK is all about!
- Meeting with Admin/teachers about PTK benefits.
- Talking to people that you know around campus.
- Doing a graduation picture activity
- Online advertisement (Facebook etc.)
- Alumni Testimony
- Creating a myths & facts sheet about PTK
- Multiple Tabling Opportunities
- Over the next couple of weeks, there are going to be various tabling events happening for PTK.
- We are looking for volunteers to help with any of these tabling events, so please see an advisor or Officer if you would like to help!
- New Officer Voting
- Every spring semester, new or existing officer positions are voted upon. This voting is going to be taking place in the Monday, April 27th
- If you would like to become active in PTK, please come to the meeting before and that meeting so you can potentially be voted in!
- Future events and announcements
- Tabling for Faculty of the Year is going to be soon! Also, there will be an online version to nominate a special faculty member! Please stay tuned for details!
- On Thursday, April 23rd from 4:30 to 6:00, there is going to be a Norwegian-Jewish Holocaust Celebration. PTK is considering tabling at this event.
- On April 29th, the Spring Fling is happening at Inver Hills! Go check it out!
- PTK regalia is going to start being sold or rented on Tuesday, May 5th and continue on Thursday, May 7th.
- Adjourned (2:50 p.m.)
People Present: Elena, Nicolette, Christy, Danielle, Jackson, Nicki, and Vicky