Phi Theta Kappa Minutes Meeting October 28th, 2014
Meeting Time: 3:05 p.m.- 4:10 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (3:05 p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Officer Reports
- Nestor: He suggested giving him a little bit more notice when it comes to filling out forms/requests.
- Elena : Nothing new to report. Asked for more clarification on what is happening with the College Project!
- Nicolette: She talked about having Emily’s House come in and possibly use them for our Honors in Action Project. She also suggested having a meeting time for each of the projects so we can start moving forward with them.
- College Project
- There is going to be some tabling opportunities available during the week of November 17th – 19th. Stay tuned for more details!
- Honors in Action
- The chapter discussed having a meeting time next week to look at all of the summaries that have been done and try to find a common tread and figure out what direction we want this project to go in.
- Induction reflection
- The chapter discussed how the Fall Induction went. Discussed maybe doing ½ cookies, ½ cake, talking to Stan in the music department and seeing what kind of singers we can get for the Spring Induction.
- Bob Iwan, a Biology Professor, thought that the Induction was a good one!
- Next Semester meeting times
- The chapter discussed possible meeting times for next semester! One possible option that will be discussed is having our meetings on Mondays @ 2 p.m. in CC117
- Member thoughts/inputs
- Nestor was wondering if there are ways that we can have more tabling opportunities.
- Vicky brought up the idea that we should consider doing a video “promoting” PTK
- Housekeeping items
- Since one of our banners got damaged at the dry-cleaners, the chapter wants to look into purchasing a steamer/cleaner, also looking at what it would cost to just replace the banner instead.
- Possibly getting a stand for our banners to hang from and look at what that would cost.
- Charting the Future
- Elena brought up what this is all about and how students can get involved and make a difference!
- This event is taking place on Thursday, November 13th from 1p.m. to 4p.m.! See you there!
- Adjourned (4:10 p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Elena, Vicky, Nestor, Nicolette and Jamal