Phi Theta Kappa Minute Meeting September 9th, 2014
Meeting Time: 3:08 p.m.- 4:06 p.m. in CC 117
- Call to Order (3:08 p.m.)
- Roll Call
- Regional Update
- The Region is looking to put up an alumni table up. If you have any ideas, throw them out there! They are also prepping for a Regional slideshow that would play at Conferences, possibly while people register etc.
- An idea that was thought of was doing what is called “100 ideas in 100 seconds”. This would showcase ideas from other chapter on how they have been successful, which could help those chapters struggling.
- Since there is no continental breakfast at the hotel for the Fall Conference, we will be providing a breakfast on Saturday morning. We looked at ordering assorted fruit bowls, assorted muffins, and getting some whole fruit like apples and bananas.
- There is going to be a Skype meeting with the Regional team, Tuesday, September 16th, at 3:30 in CC117.
- It was decided that the haunted house is going to be a fellowship activity. This will take place on October 3rd from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. More details/specifics to follow!
- A letter was sent to Tim Wynes and Christina Royal about attending the Fall Conference. There will also be another meeting with Tim Wynes about the College Project.
- The specific dates on when Club Week is going to be happening are in the works. We are looking at the week before Thanksgiving!
- We are hoping to have a slideshow playing during Induction, and also the video concerning Richard and PTK.
- We need to find some more people to help out with this event! If you know anyone, let us know! We could use them!
- Distribution of Honors in Action Articles
- Vicky handed out articles to all the officers at the meeting. These articles will help us keep the ball rolling on our research for our Honors in Action Project!
- Recruiting new members
- We discussed new ways that we can get people to come to the meetings! Tabling, talking to people in our classes, writing something on Facebook etc.
- Deciding who presents on Student Success Day
- Nicolette will be doing a session on SSD in the evening, and Christy will be covering the morning session. The topics of these sessions are still being discussed!
- SSD is on Tuesday, September 23rd. Don’t forget!
- Adjourned (4:02 p.m.)
People Present: Nicki, Nicolette, Jackson, Elena, Vicky, Christy, Nestor