Sally Dahlquist

Paralegal Program Director

Welcome to Inver Hills – Paralegal Program!

My name is Sally Dahlquist and I am the Director of the Paralegal Program.

One summer, I began working in a very small general practice law firm as a legal secretary. Over time, I became a paralegal, and then an attorney, and worked in many different areas of law: family, corporate, real estate, and probate as well as small and large law firms.

Today, I am the Director of this wonderful ABA-approved Paralegal Program at Inver Hills Community College. I love educating students, overseeing their internships, and watching individuals grow and develop into highly skilled paralegals. Also, I work hard to provide real-life experiences for working paralegals, attorneys and students by bringing them together to share knowledge and engage in this great profession. In addition, I volunteer my time and energies to non-profit organizations. Currently, I serve as the chair of the American Bar Association Approval Commission for Paralegal Education.

One of my many duties as Director is to oversee all of the Paralegal Internships. The internship program applies classroom skills to the working world, giving students experience in their chosen areas of law. I make contact with lawyers and set up great mentor relationships. Students participate in 180 hours of nonpaying (and in some cases, paying) work experience in a supervised legal environment and earn two (2) credits. The internship component of our Paralegal Program is invaluable, and builds confidence in students’ skills and abilities.

I look forward to meeting you and working with you to reach your goal to become a paralegal!

Sally Dahlquist, J.D.
Paralegal Program Director
651-450-3567
sdahlqu@inverhills.edu