What is Happening in the Paralegal Program and Beyond?
1. College Information Session
Also, you are welcome to schedule a Zoom meeting at your convenience!
Are you interested in an exciting career as a paralegal, or have you always been interested in legal studies but just don’t know where to get started? If so, please join us for this information session to learn more about the American Bar Association approved Paralegal Program at Inver Hills Community College!
2. Minnesota Paralegal Association membership – 1/2 price for paralegal students
Did you know that there is a paralegal student membership to the Minnesota Paralegal Association that is 1/2 price as long as you are an active student. Become a member now to begin to network in your legal and paralegal community! There are tons of benefits that are listed on the website. Go to: mnparalegals.org, and click on Membership and join – https://www.mnparalegals.org/Membership
3. American Bar Association membership – FREE to paralegal students
Did you know that there is a student membership to the American Bar Association that is free! Take advantage of it now!
|If you are interested in joining, please visit the Membership page.
https://www.americanbar.org/membership/. You will need to complete the following steps:
All student memberships include the CLE library with other free access to ABA Groups, Career Center, Blogs, and member discounts.
4. Continuing Legal Education sessions – FREE to students –
Minnesota Continuing Legal Education – https://www.minncle.org/
Dakota County CLES – https://www.co.dakota.mn.us/LawJustice/LawLibrary/CLE/Pages/default.aspx
Continuing Legal Education
The Dakota County Law Library and the 1st Judicial District Bar Association offer monthly CLE sessions in 2 locations. The sessions are free. You do not have to be a member to attend. If you plan to attend, please call 651-438-8244 or register online.
5. Minnesota Paralegal Association – Sectionals
MPA sectionals are great ways to learn about a particular area of the law. Join today! You may also attend their CLE’s that are held throughout the year.
6. Keyboarding and Computer Skills
- Have good keyboarding skills?
- Know your way around the computer?
- Know how to use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and Access? These are skills that every paralegal should have or know how to use. These courses are NOT part of the paralegal program but you will need them for your first job.
There are Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint (BUS) classes as well!
Also, there is a link to Atomic Learning on the college’s webpage!!
We strongly recommend that you gain, brush up, or enhance your computer skills.
Contact the Paralegal Program Director or
contact a College Counselor for assistance or suggestions for keyboarding and computer skills